Collaboration is increasingly becoming the secret ingredient in helping digital marketing teams deliver efficient, high quality results. Marketers work as a team to gain new insights, so adopting and championing a centralised collaboration application will not only improve the department’s efficiency but ultimately boost how the company does business.
The modern day marketer is expected to work not only from the PC at their office desk, but also remotely on their tablets, laptops and mobile phones – whenever and wherever they are, and with agencies, customers and consultants all over the world. Indeed, Forrester’s Market Trends: Secure File Sharing and Collaboration in the Enterprise report claimed the majority of employees are now sharing information and collaborating with others inside and outside of the company. With all these moving parts, streamlining the development and review of content is becoming more difficult than ever.
The core objective of the marketing team is to build powerful messages and effective campaigns that resonate with customers and drive revenue. But as documents move from inception to evolution and finally publishing, feedback is received and revisions are made at each stage – making the collaboration process even more complex and time consuming.
Today’s increasingly mobile workforce, 81% of whom are accessing documents outside the office, also adds to the complexity of collaboration. Running several projects over email is not only frustrating and disjointed but it also slows down review cycles, hinders version control, and potentially compromises data security.
Bridging the collaboration gap
The marketing department is becoming one of the most technology-dependent functions in a business. However, with more than 1,000 marketing software providers worldwide, it is becoming even more difficult for CMOs to identify which digital strategies work best for the team.
CMOs will need to identify the common collaboration pain points across the team and implement collaboration solutions that allow them to share, work on and progress briefs, proposals, creative concepts, and campaigns much more effectively.
To truly change the way marketers collaborate they should focus on the following guidelines:
- Create a branded and secure client workspace: Share briefs, designs, and proposals securely with team members and clients without facing file size limitations and file access problems, in a personalised workspace.
- Extend collaboration capabilities on projects: Instantly sync across all connected devices to help marketers access and comment on files anytime, anywhere.
- Easily lead and manage project teams: Progress projects faster by tracking and managing comments and feedback from clients.
- Protect the confidentially of projects: Set expiration dates and remove access to folders when the creative process is over.
- Maintain document version control: Ensure your team members always work on the most up-to-date document while easily gathering input, publishing real time updates and alerting people when a new version is available.
CMOs need to set their sights on developing an enterprise-wide application ecosystem where marketers can drive efficiency of their day-to-day activities, and extend this system out to the third parties that they may be interacting with.
By Ali Moinuddin, CMO and board member at Workshare.
PrivSec Conferences will bring together leading speakers and experts from privacy and security to deliver compelling content via solo presentations, panel discussions, debates, roundtables and workshops.
For more information on upcoming events, visit the website.
comments powered by Disqus